Role: Database Development Lead
Location: Lagos Nigeria
The Development Lead would provide input into the architectural foundation for the establishment of a data warehouse and for the reporting, data modelling, and analysis of Corporate data throughout the organisation. This includes analyzing source system data to understand the meaning and nuances of the data, determining the business rules required for moving data throughout the various stages of the organisation’s data warehouse (staging, operational data store, enterprise data warehouse, data mart), and creating logical data models
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Develops guidelines and procedures governing enterprise -wide data collection.
• Maintains and manages Meta data for enterprise systems, incorporating user input.
• Develops and implements data naming conventions and documentation for enterprise system planning.
• Develops and implements specialized training for effective use of data and reporting resources.
• Acts as technical resource to management administrators and application developers on access to and use of data.
• Develops standards for dealing with ad hoc reporting and ensures compliance throughout the user community.
• Optimizes the data environment in order to efficiently access enterprise data.
• Develops and implements efficient data extraction routines for the delivery of data.
• Advises and consults with systems administrators on data issues such as access and storage.
• Creates data models to support data warehousing informational needs.
• Develops Online Analytical Processing (OLAP), web portals and other business intelligence processes.
• Architecture and Planning
• Data analysis; profiling of data and the provision of data sets to the project teams and business stakeholders to allow business decisions relating to data to be made.
• Capture of requirements and production of documentation suitable for business and technical audiences.
• Understand all applications/data structures
• Drive implementation of analytical/reporting capabilities
• Integration with 3rd parties/customers/partners/etc
• Understanding of Finance and financial concepts
DESIRED COMPETENCY AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT
• Demonstrate understanding of conceptual and physical data models using relational and multi – dimensional data modelling techniques
• Strong documentation, written and communication skills
• Knowledge of the technical aspects of an administrative information system
• Knowledge of the practices and principles of Project management.
• Knowledge of Business Intelligence practices.
• Skills in data warehousing and data modeling techniques in SQL Server and Oracle environments.
• Skills in the use of Extract, Transformation, and Load (ETL) tools.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to work with a variety of users, other technical personnel and management.
• Minimum of 5+ years post National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in Data Management and or Analysis; experience in Financial Services organization preferred
• BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering discipline, Mathematics or Physics will be a distinct advantage
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Candidates who meet the above requirement should email their resume to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE, STATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT FIELD OF THE MAIL.