JOB TITLE: IT VAS SUPPORT
• Technical support operations and projects for the deployment and delivery of VAS products and services
• Responsible for the provision of reliable IT infrastructure to guarantee high output levels.
Role and Responsibilities
Operations and Management:
• Deploy new products and services on the VAS platform based on the service description, flow and business rules.
• Integrate VAS platforms with MNOs including SMS Gateway, USSDC, SDP, OTA, Billing etc.
• Ensure 99.999% availability of VAS and IT services and platforms.
• Carry out acceptance tests for newly deployed Vas platforms and solutions.
• Have a full understanding of VAS protocols including SMPP, USSDI&II, SIP, HTTP(S), SS7, SIGTRAN, Web services, IP and others (SNMP, ICMP, etc).
• Integrate the Company’s products/services in the client’s environment.
• Develop technical specifications for applications that meet business requirements,.
• Perform readiness tests on newly implemented VAS systems and products to validate features, capacity and functions.
• Manage the company’s IT infrastructure: email services, internet access, Antivirus etc.
• Generate periodic reports including daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly performance reports, activity reports, etc.
• Ensure internal collaboration and communication with other functional teams to meet customer needs and operational efficiency within the Company.
• Preparation/Analysis of Logs (Shortcodes, content downloads etc.)
• Setup, Maintain and Monitor Network and Third Party VPN & SMPP Connections
• Maintain Web and Mobile Applications
• Develop and maintain code for process automation, monitoring of all business service provisions and internal applications.
• Administration and Management of all internal and external servers and systems, network devices and connections.
• Planning/Implementation of systems/network checklists.
• Administer company’s wired and wireless local area networks.
• Plan and Implement backup strategy for internal and remote systems
• Identify and implement any necessary changes or upgrades.
• Monitor server/network performance and availability to meet Service Level Agreement commitments.
• Keep abreast of new developments and technology trends in VAS, telecommunication and networking
• Perform other assigned duties as delegated by management from time to time.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Minimum of 2 years working experience in technical within the VAS, Telecommunication or ICT Industry
• Completed NYSC
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Electronic Engineering/ Technology related field.
• Operating system environments: RedHat Linux/UNIX and Windows Operating systems administration and management.
• Server and Data Backup
• Databases: Database Administration(Oracle / MySQL)
• Networking CCNA Level
• Programming (PHP, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting and Java)
• Business Intelligence (Optional)
• Research and Writing
• Use of CRM
• Use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Interpersonal skills
• Resource Management
• Attention to detail
• Excellent Communication skills
• A self starter with high attention to detail
• Great team work and collaborative spirit
• Proven ability to make an impact both internally and externally
• Analytical mind
• Exhibit high energy levels and drive
• Ability to easily adapt to changing work environment
• Ability to engage and drive others to deliver targets
• Exhibit professionalism at all times
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Candidates who meet the above requirement should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com. PLEASE, STATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT FIELD OF THE MAIL.